WIN is organising a series of sessions at the World Water Week which takes place in Stockholm this year:
- On Monday, 23 August at 17:00 CET, we are hosting Tackling Corruption and Integrity Failures in Water Sector Climate Adaptation with the Green Climate Fund Independent Integrity Unit. In this session we’ll focus on the topic of maladaptation and the consequences of poor climate intervention design. Link to the session.
- On Wednesday, 25 August at 8:00 CET, we are hosting Asia Focus: Accelerating inclusive water governance to advance sustainable development, with ADB, APWF, GWP, ICHARM, IUCN, JICA, and the OECD. In this session we’ll focus on water governance issues in Asia with input from case studies. Link to the session.
- We’re also very excited to be launching our latest Water Integrity Global Outlook on integrity in urban water and sanitation, with ICLEI and SIWI on Wednesday, August 25th at 14:00. The new report shows that to make cities resilient and to realise the human rights to water and sanitation for urban residents, we need to focus on water and sanitation integrity. The reports is packed with case studies and ideas on how to do that in different organisations. We’ll be discussing key messages and strategies at our launch. Link to the session.
- On Thursday, 26 August at 18:00 CET, we are hosting Integrity and water service provision: tools and experiences for water-utilities with the Inter-American Development Bank. In this session we’ll learn from utilities in Latin America the ins and outs of integrity management programmes and learn about new indicator tools to assess utility risks. Link to the session.
- On Friday, 27 August at 11:00 CET, we are hosting Integrity for inclusive urban sanitation with Aguaconsult, BMGF and ESAWAS: In this session we’ll discuss the main integrity challenges that are hampering sanitation services in cities, especially in informal settlements and looking at regulation for integrity. Link to the session.
More information about all our sessions is here.
We hope to see you soon in virtual Stockholm!